Nuco Technologies Ltd t/a Host-it™ Internet Solutions
Internet Connectivity AUP (For Host-it™ and Skynet Customers)
- Bulk Email
- Excessive use
- Illegal use
- Consequences of Unacceptable Use
- Administration of Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets out the rules which apply for the use of any of Nuco Technologies Ltds' Internet Connectivity services including your responsibilities, and permitted and prohibited uses of those services. Compliance with this Policy ensures you may continue to enjoy and allow others to enjoy optimum use of our Internet Connectivity services. If you have subscribed to our Broadband/FTTC Connectivity service then this policy should be read in conjunction with our Broadband Terms & Conditions.
You are responsible for your actions on our network and systems you access through your Internet Connectivity Service. If you act recklessly or irresponsibly in using your Internet Connectivity Service or your actions endanger any person or the integrity or security of our Network, systems or equipment, your access may be restricted, suspended or terminated, without prior notice. In particular, you agree that you will not use, attempt to use or allow your Internet Connectivity Service to be used to:
- store, send or distribute any content or material which is restricted, prohibited or otherwise unlawful under any applicable law or which is likely to be offensive or obscene to a reasonable person;
- store, send or distribute confidential information, copyright material or other content which is subject to third party intellectual property rights, unless you have a lawful right to do so;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material which defames, harasses, threatens, abuses, menaces, offends, violates the privacy of, or incites violence or hatred against, any person or class of persons, or which could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- do any other act or thing which is illegal, fraudulent or otherwise prohibited under any applicable law or which is in breach of any code, standard or content requirement of any other competent authority;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material, which interferes with other users or restricts or hinders any person from accessing, using or enjoying the Internet, our or our Carriers' Services, Network or systems;
- forge header information, email source address or other user information;
- access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks, including another person's private information, without authority or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network;
- compromise the security or integrity of any network or system including our Network;
- access, download, store, send or distribute any viruses or other harmful programs or material;
- send or distribute unsolicited advertising, bulk electronic messages or otherwise breach bulk email/spam obligations set out in clauses 3 & 4, or overload any network or system including our or our Carriers Network and systems;
- use another person's name, username or password or otherwise attempt to gain access to the account of any other Customer;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to any network or system;
- Authorise, aid, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do or attempt to do any of the above acts.
3. Bulk Email
No bulk email transmissions sent via Nuco Technologies Ltds' Internet Connectivity services are permitted unless confirmed by Nuco Technologies Ltd in writing. For the purpose of definition bulk email is classed as over 500 emails per week).
All bulk mailing lists should also be designed so that recipients need to confirm the request in advance via an email confirmation (so only the person that receives the email could have subscribed to the mailing list). Also Information on when/how they opted in and if possible an IP address should be retained so this information can be supplied if a recipient disputes that they opted into a mailing list. In the absence of positive, verifiable proof to the contrary by a Customer, Nuco Technologies Ltd will consider complaints by recipients of emails to be conclusive that the recipient did not subscribe or otherwise request the email(s) about which a complaint was generated.
Also known as junk mail or Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE), the term "spam" refers to submitting a commercial email to a large number of recipients who have not requested or previously opted to receive it and have no reasonable expectation to receiving email from the sender.
Email sent by a company or an organisation with whom the recipient has established a relationship or which was requested or accepted (authenticated opt-in requirement) by the recipient is not considered spam.
Spamming via Nuco Technologies Ltds' Internet Connectivity service is not only harmful because of its negative impact on consumer attitudes toward Nuco Technologies Ltd and/or its Carriers, but also because it can overload Nuco Technologies Ltd or its' Carriers' network and disrupt service to other service subscribers.
If you are also a user of a Nuco Technologies Ltds' email service platforms or are sending email via Nuco Technologies Ltds' Internet Connectivity service,
- Include a conspicuous notice identifying the message as an advertisement or a commercial solicitation;
- Provide a valid physical postal address in each email your send;
- Include a valid email address or an unsubscribe link allowing the recipient to opt-out, either by replying to a valid return address, or by using an Internet-based unsubscribe mechanism
- Process opt-out requests for at least 30 days after the sending of the commercial email and stop sending email to the requestor within 10 business days upon request;
- Set up and provide Nuco Technologies Ltd with a valid "abuse" email address in order to process any SPAM positive complaint.
- Comply with any regulation in force that covers direct marketing regulations
- Include false, deceptive or misleading header information, including a false domain name or address;
- Send emails with a false, deceptive or misleading subject line;
- Include sexually explicit content in your email;
- Add an address into your list without the subscriber's express permission which you have a record of (i.e. authenticated opt-in);
- Maintain an email address in your list for which an opt-out request has been received;
- Use email lists older than 6 months without obtaining a confirmation of the subscriber's permission;
- Harvest email addresses from websites or web services;
- Generate email addresses by using a dictionary attack combining letters and numbers into multiple permutations;
- Use scripts or automated ways to register for multiple email or user accounts to send commercial emails;
- Relay emails through a computer or network without permission;
- Use a hosted subscription form to subscribe users for an unrelated list or to send them content differing from the one they have agreed to.
- Send emails with added words/characters in an attempt to bypass Bayesian filters
- Send, or attempt to send, Spam of any kind from third-party networks using a return email address that is hosted by Nuco Technologies, or referencing an email address hosted on Nuco Technologies Ltd's Network
- Send email messages which result in complaints from the recipient or from the recipient's email provider, or which result in blacklisting of the sender's email address or mail server
- Send email messages which are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others
- Continue to send email to a recipient that has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive it
- Take any actions intended to cloak the Customer's identity or contact information, including but not limited to intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting message headers or return addresses
- Take any other action that results in blacklisting of the sender's email address or mail server, or negatively impacts other Customers who use the Email service.
You may not:
5. Excessive use
You must use your Internet Connectivity Service in accordance with any download or capacity limits stated in the specific plan that you subscribe to for the use of that Service (if applicable). Unless otherwise stated, all standard Broadband/FTTC plans come with a monthly data usage cap of 50GB. Usage over this limit will be invoiced 1 month in arrears at the data usage rate stated on your agreement. If you feel you require a package with a larger monthly data usage then please contact us for pricing.
We may limit, suspend or terminate your Internet Connectivity Service if you unreasonably exceed such limits or excessively use the capacity or resources of our or our Carriers' Network in a manner which may hinder or prevent us from providing services to other customers or which may pose a threat to the integrity of our or our Carriers Network or systems.
If Nuco Technologies Ltd or Nuco Technologies Ltd's Carrier believes that excessive bandwidth or high CPU loads are adversely affecting Nuco Technologies Ltd or their Carrier's ability to provide service to other users, Nuco Technologies Ltd may take immediate action. Nuco Technologies Ltd will attempt to notify the account owner as soon as possible.
6. Illegal use
Both Nuco Technologies Ltd and its Carriers' network may only be used for lawful purposes. For example, Customers may not use their Internet Connectivity service to create, transmit, distribute, or store content that:
- violates a trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others,
- violates export control laws or regulations,
- violates the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others,
- impairs the privacy of communications,
- contains obscene, offensive, unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, or otherwise objectionable content as reasonably determined by Nuco Technologies Ltd,
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability,
- constitutes deceptive online marketing,
- causes technical disturbances to the Nuco Technologies Ltd or its Carriers' Networks, its affiliated networks, or the network used by Customers to access the Email service., or
- violate the policies of such networks, including, but not limited to, intentional introduction of any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system or data, or
- assists, encourages or permits any persons in engaging in any of the activities described in this section. If Customer becomes aware of any such activities, then the Customer is obligated to immediately notify Nuco Technologies Ltd and take all other appropriate actions to cause such activities to cease.
7. Consequences of Unacceptable Use
Nuco Technologies Ltd reserves the right to suspend or terminate Customer's access to the Email Service and/or Internet Connectivity service upon notice of a violation of this policy. If Nuco Technologies Ltd believe that the policy has been breached or the integrity of the network and/or the performance of others users are at risk, then Nuco Technologies Ltd will contact the customer with notice of its intent or to notify the customer of the breach of the policy.
8. Administration of Policy
The Customer understands that the administration of this policy requires the exercise of discretion and judgment by Nuco Technologies Ltd. Nuco Technologies Ltd agrees to exercise good faith in its administration of this policy and in making determinations under the policy.
Nuco Technologies Ltd
Northampton Science Park,
Kings Park Road,
Moulton Park Industrial Estate,
Name & Registered Office:
(Do not send communication to this address use the one above)
NUCO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
SOVEREIGN COURT, 230 UPPER 5TH STREET, CENTRAL MILTON KEYNES,
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE MK9 2HR
nuco technologies ltd is
a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751